Under the Pradhan Mantri Adarsh Gram Yojna, Javadekar has adopted the tiniest and remote village Paldev in Bundelkhand, at the border of Uttar Pradesh near Chitrakoot. The village has little over 3000 population, comprising of 25% SCs and 50% Backward Class. The village has no industry and fully depends on monsoon.
Initiatives and success achieved through peoples participation
- ► Substantial improvement in schooling
- ► Xth Standard results improved from 11% in 2014 to 51% in 2015 and 62% in 2016
- ► XIIth Standard results improved from 28% in 2014 to 82% in 2015 and stabilised at 78% in 2016.
- ► Village made Cateract free with cent percent success in Cateract operations of 118 Cateract patients.
- ► More than 5000 trees planted on the hillock in the village and the survival rate is more than 70% because of peoples participation in watering the plants during summer season.
- ► More than 2000 fruit-bearing free plants distributed to the farmers and successfully planted and are growing
- ► 20 youths were skill trained in various disciplines of gainful employment. Sixty women were trained in stitching
- ► Eight Self-Help Groups formed and are functioning successfully
- ► Mission ‘Indradhanush’, immunization programme for children, completed